Now I've just enjoyed a lovely three-week break from grandaddydaycare as I spent two weeks with daddy as he was on holiday and another with mummy and daddy. It's been lovely but I must've been a naughty boy because they've made me do a three-day stint with nanna and grandad. I don't know what I've done wrong but a day for each week missed seems a little harsh.
On Monday I had a plan. Because nanna and grandad had enjoyed a lovely holiday in a broken bus and I know that they had missed me, I decided that I wasn't going to have my normal morning kip. They could enjoy the extra time with yours truly, they'd be delighted. We popped into town and nanna took me to a shop called Debbie Hams which sold old people's stuff. Grandad managed to skive off and used Millie as an excuse not to go. He watched a man play music on a broken branch like the some people called the Abbey Originals play in Australia then took Millie for a pooh.
I've also been watching the new footy season on the telly and I've managed to perfect a new skill after watching some Spanny yards. I walk through the living room and into the kitchen and then, without any reason, I fall over then roll around. It nearly always gets me a little cuddle from nanna. Grandad calls me a big tart and sometimes Christiano, although I understand he's a Portugeezer and not a Spanny yard.
On Tuesday we had a brilliant day. A little sleep, not much falling over Spanny yard style, no grizzling. Nanna and grandad took me and Millie to a place called Wellington Country Park between Reading and Basingsmoke. WOW, it was magic! We had a walk around the big pond and then to a little farmy bit with some little aminals. There were piggies, chickens, a couple of little cows and then a little shed thing with some bunnies, guinea piggies (which weren't like piggies at all), ferrets and two tortoises which I loved. I looked underneath one of them but couldn't find the wheels. One of them was a bit speedy; I can't remember if the lady said he was looking for fruit or feeling fruity but either way, he was in a rush to get to something tasty.
When we carried on walking, we saw two monster horses! They were as big as our house and they pulled a trailer with lots of people on it. I had a walk around a maze with nanna but I couldn't lose her then I sat on some tractors in the little people's play area - no dogs or grandads allowed! We went and had some lunch in the caffy place. Me and Millie shared a sausage, my peas and other veggie stuff. Grandad took a chip then several more when nanna looked the other way. After that I chased nanna in the softie play bit which was great fun and then we walked past some dinosaurs. They scared the little kids but I was more used to them because I had grandad with me and he's an old dinosaur.
On Wednesday, I had a little half hour nap to keep the old folk happy then we played outside where I continued to practice my falling down speciality. Later nanna took me to the swimming pool which was the brilliantest fun. I done a forward, inward, upside down, two and a half summertimes with fourteen twists, a pike, two carp and a big splash off the top board. Actually thats a little fib but I would've done if nanna had let me. Tom Daley watch out. Now I know we've had a great deal of good weather lately but the swimming pool looked like The Ganges!!!! I must admit it did look like we were playing 'Spot the Difference'! Back home I showed my expert eating skills with my new fork before mummy came to save me, sorry, mummy came to get me.
Another holiday for bankers on Monday, I'm waiting for my tickets so I can take grandad to the Reading Festival but they haven't arrived yet. Not sure the old fella is up to it anyway which is just what nanna says!!!!
Catch you next Tuesday/Wednesday
Dogg
No comments:
Post a Comment