On Wednesday I had to put in an extra shift to cover the sicky I pulled last week but mummy overwoke. Now, in my short existence on this wonderful planet, I have learnt that mummy has her hair looking nice - always has been, always will be. I have also noticed that for ladies to have such niceness of the barnet, it takes a little time to produce such wonderfully flowing locks and mummy is no exception to this - in fact quite the opposite. Elephants have been known to reproduce quicker, the Polar Ice Cap is melting at a faster rate and new forms of life are being found in the far reaches of the Australian Outback!! This, believe me, is no minor job. It must also be said that when she has finished it, she looks scrumptious.
So back to my daily tale, we eventually arrived at nanny and grandad's just before 8:30 and to my utter disgustedness, no grandad and no Millie!! I looked under to sofa, under the telly cupboard, in the toilet (this is his usual hidey hole) but nothing. I wasn't bothered because he left me with his younger apprentice, nanny! She's much calmer than grandad and used to working with kids of all descriptions but she's on one of her extra long holidays so she took a turn with me. Because she's calmer than the old fella, it was easy for me to fall asleep so I went to beddy-byes for my nap.
I awoke to an entire tribe in the house. Uncle Ryan got me when I woke up and took me downstairs. We had a great cuddle and he makes me laugh. Grandad was now home and so was Millie. They were out for ages and it wasn't long to see why - Millie had been for a haircut too so it's not just lady humans, it's lady dogs as well!!!!
Oh dear, my grandad isn't looking so grand today! He's looking rather crook!! He went out with nanny for Maccy D's to celebrate their wedding and it looks like he had a dodgy burger. On frequent rushes upstairs, a violent assault on the best Armitage porcelain was quite inevitable. Looks like he's aiming to steal my King of the Poohs title!!
We went to nanny's school once grandad could contain his bowel movements long enough for us to see some daylight. It was a very old school and the kids have some rather funny names but it was really nice. Nanny let me walk her across the road which was good practice for when I'm a Boy Scout - dib, dib, dib. Then we went to Tesco to do some shopping. This was the bestest time for ages as I got to drive the big buggy with the food in the back - I am now a trucker just like grandad was. "Let them truckers roll. 10-4, good buddy".
After dinner we played in the garden - when I say we, I mean me and nanny as grandad was often caught in a state of confusion on which direction to run. He wanted to blow-off but said it was too dangerous. He wanted to eat but said he hadn't want to have it twice, so me and nanny played with the toys. I then went for a swim in grandad's swimming pool - I didn't really want to but I did. Grandad thought it was funny to splash me but not so funny when I done a big bomb and soaked him back.
Nanny then made a little mistake. She was doing the dinner but I saw her so I wanted mine - and I wanted mine NOW! A little impatient maybe but a growing trucker needs his Yorkie and this trucker was waiting for nobody. I got my dinner and ate it outside with grandad - with grandad helping not grandad as a side order as even I couldn't eat that much.
On the way home with mummy (who's hair was still looking nice), I fell asleep. They woke me up to bath me then fell asleep again for hours and hours.
Trucking is a tiring job.
Until next week.....
Dogg
No comments:
Post a Comment