I'm no longer that Ronaldo girl. After watching granddad last week when he showed me the proper way to fall down like an idiot, I've decided that as I'm not even close to being in his league, I'm not going to do it anymore - well at least not at granddad's!
We had a couple of little trips today; both to familiar territory but both very enjoyable. We went to town for no other reason than because is was there. We had no intention of going to nanna's shop (granddad said she has shares in Next) and certainly no plan to go foody shopping as we had the mutt with us. We went, rather slowly it must be said, past a shop for Summers which contained ladies attire that would hardly prevent the risk of sunshine burn. They must changed the name to Autumn soon as the wet season is approaching. We saw a funny thing by Spectacle Savings and not for the first time, we saw a man walk into the door which would indicate that he was more than late for a previous appointment. In the park a little girl threw bread at the stupid pigeons but then cried when lots of them came down and grabbed it.
Once again we had a problem with the language barrier as a lady asked granddad directions but neither of them understood each other so it made the whole exercise pointless. I've found a really good reason to be two feet tall - I don't run the risk of having my eyes poked out by little old ladies with umbrollies, I'm sure they were the same old ladies that wore their big coats in the sunshine. Granddad says there should be a governingment warning on them.
As we walked around by the little shop in the middle of the road near the Butty Church, Millie stopped granddad in his tracks which caused me to perform a 360' twisty, turnabout because granddad had 'control' of my buggy. It was so fast that my eyes went all wibbly, wobbly and I got a achy head. Millie wanted a sausage from the middle shop but granddad knew from experience that I'd tell nanna if he indulged in any hot dogs and coke. How many dog(gs) does a man want??? We carried on and when we went around the corner, me and granddad had tremendous wind - not the usual stinky wind he has but a biggy gust of wind down the road. It blew my hair all over the place, Millie looked like she was in a car with her head out of the window but granddad's hair looked pretty much the same.
We went home, had some lunch and then pottered in the garden for a while. Granddad done some cleany up stuff whilst I made him Frosties soup in my kitchen in the little house. I had a drive around the garden, even going forwards some times and then we went in and got ready to go to the park. When we got to the park, there were lots of kids playing in a prison type place and they didn't seem to be a happy, jolly bunch and not like us lot at Jens. Granddad let Millie off her lead and she ran 100 yards (granddad talk for metres), ran around in a series of little circles then done a massive poop. Massive in like as big as Mount Everard. You could have put a little flag on the top, in fact I think we should've put a little flag in it because the airplanes fly over this way and they might bump into it!!
I went to play in the sandy park and I went on the climby thing because little boy explorers like to climb climby things - apart from Millie's contribution to the geographical change in the area. There was a kid there who needs to grow up too - not sure if it was a he, a she, both or neither but it screamed when it was on the slide, it screamed when it was off the slide, on the swings, off the swings. F,f,f,f,f,f,fussy or what!!!!!!!!!!
We went back to granddads and we played with toys and read some books together - I liked the book bit because granddad told me stories in funny voices and we both giggled. We row, row, rowed the boat and walked round and round the garden without actually going into it and then, as if by magic, I decided it was time for an afternoon kip. Granddad tried to keep me awake in case I wouldn't sleep later in the night but, to be honest, he was rubbish at it. I gave him a cuddle and dozed off for nearly an hour. I'm not sure if I was rudely awoken by Millie barking or pleasantly awoken by the noise of dinner cooking in the oven. I'd like to think it was the latter but fear it was more the former.
Salmon today with some rice and veg on the tables. Scrummy or what?? Hmmmmmmmm. The salmon was lovely, the rice was fiddly and the carrots were good ammo to fire at Millie but I ate it all - and a bit more before daddy came home in his work shirt that makes your eyes go all Chinese. It really is quite bright you know.
Alas the end of another great day, granddad is sooooooooooo lucky to have me and boy, does he know it!!
Catch you next week
Dogg
No comments:
Post a Comment