Monday, 23 September 2013

Today was like a being at school day. Nanna had asked granddad to try and teach me the words to some body parts. Now I'm not an Oxford scholar but I'm not stupid either, granddad teaching me words about body parts - is that really wise, Nanna????

So "head, shoulder, knees and toes" looks likely to take on a slightly different angle. Granddad asked Nanna if "Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch" counts but she said it was hardly appropriate - obviously because silly granddad forgot that I don't have a wallet.

After watching some programme on monkeys, I brought in the book that I got from Mr Postie from our Wiltshire branch of the family. Now I'm not sure how the link goes but Lisa is daddies cousin, so that must make her son Cody and daddies son, me, like cousins once-removed-twice-turned-around-upside-inwards and put back again but nonetheless, we are related. Lisa had Cody before mummy had me so that makes him older and much more mature. I guess at three months older, he's nearly working now.

The book Lisa and Cody sent was all about babysitting granddad. Not granddad babysitting kids, the other way around and believe me, there are times when I've needed to take granddad under my wing (I don't have real wings or any Red Bulls which give you some). He doesn't quite need a nappy change (oh yes, that day will come granddad!!) but he does make some funny noises which would indicate the possibility of soiled grundies.

At lunch time, I often feel the need to feed the daft old fossil as he constantly dribbles his tea down his top. I read books to him like "This little piggy went to Meerkat" but today's book "How to babysit granddad" is brilliant and I felt it was time to sit with him and explain what I'm going to do to look after him: sun cream on his napper in the hot, lots of jumpers in the cold and Weblington boots in the wet. Granddad drawed a picture and we stuck it on his microwave because his fridge doesn't let us stick pictures with those magnet things.  By the way, I'm still a babe magnet! Lisa and Cody, we both thank you for the book - ssshhhhhh, granddad has dozed off after our fun.

After dozey time, we packed up the car and went for our mid-morning walkabout. As we drove down the road, a stupid man pulled out in front of us and granddad started shouting some body part names at the stupid man so Nanna, mission accomplished!!!!!!!! Granddad can use some of my bum cream if he needs it because we went to a place called Scratcham, near Newbury. Granddad had to pick up a smelly old carpet that didn't smell anymore. The lady in the shop said to me "Come on, lets go and get daddy his carpet". DADDY?? You stupid lady, this fella was way past and beyond being my daddy, thank you very much indeed!! Look at him! Does he seem capable of producing someone as nice as me - I think not. The lady relieved granddad of some of his paper money and with carpet on board, we trundled off to the big lake that we've been to before, the one where the shop is shut on a Monday - you listening granddad, the one where the shop is shut on a Monday.

Dog and Dogg both tired, we headed home and stopped off at the bakers (no cakes Nanna, don't worry) and then home for some lunch and another play. After dinner and a play, I was totally knackered but I watched granddad on telly where he'd changed his name to Kojak before I popped off for another snooze mid-afternoon after sharing my apple with Millie.  

When I woke up, I found a cookie in the fridge that wasn't there earlier and also some of my favourite cheese that Ryan must've missed. He is a bigger Baby Bell lover than I am!!! We messed around some more before it was tea time and lasagne which I was to share with granddad but he said he was leaving his bit for Ryan who was staying over tonight - poor granddad. I know he doesn't look like the odd missed meal would hurt too much but I felt a little guilty in between mouthfuls of my dinner LOL!!!

Catch you all later
DOGG

No comments:

Post a Comment