Hooray, after two weeks of part-time granddaddy time, we're up and running again and an enjoyable day was had by all.
On Sunday, I went with mummy and daddy and nanny Jan and poppa Mole on a massive trip to the other side of the world to see Uncle Alex in a place called 'Udderfield so grandad was expecting me to be a bit tired due to jetlag but I was on my bestest form. We got back to his house and nanna was still there. I checked granddads phone and it wasn't a banky holiday so I thought she must be pulling a sicky. Grandad said she was doing a swimming course again. It was nice to see her before she went but after our 'Bye byes' to nanna and Millie, grandad decided we would go shopping at Tescos. This gave me another chance to drive the big buggy thing.
We got to the car park and because grandad had me with him, he could park really close to the door in the mummy and toddler space even though he's not a mummy. He didn't want to drive around for ages looking for a grandad and toddler place so we parked here. Grandad said he often parks in these spaces even when he hasn't got me because my seat makes the Happy Police think he's got little person company. He told me not to say anything though.
Grandad carefully sat me in a big buggy on my blanket so my bum wouldn't get cold then he realised he'd forgotten the pound coin to put in the buggy chain so we could take it from all the others. Out I got and back to the car we went so he could find his penny then back we went for another go. Once again he put my blanket down to keep me warm but this seemed pointless because when he picked me out of the buggy earlier, all my clothes came up and my belly was out for all to see. Finally we got sorted and in went the penny but grandad couldn't separate the buggies. He huffed and he puffed like the big bad wolf but the buggy was having none of it. He said some of those funny words and then a little old lady who was about 85 years old, told him he'd put his penny in the buggy in front of the one we had. He looked at her as though she was stupid then realised the cap actually fitted him!!!!
At last, and just in time before the shop closed at this rate, we made our entrance to Tesco. We went to get a paper first and grandad gave it to me so I could put it in the buggy behind me. I shook the paper like a big flag and the pages all fell apart and went over the floor but I got the sports page in the buggy and that's all he reads anyway. More huffing and puffing and off we went (with a different paper) to the fruity area where we saw a big lady that knew grandad. "Hello handsome" she said. Naturally I smiled then I realised she was talking to grandad. After telling her that he glasses were in need of renewal, I told grandad we had work to do and off we went. We got lots of fruit, cheese, meaty stuff, doggy stuff and some Rice Krispies in a box of which I started to chew before we left. He let me put the stuff in the big buggy and I managed to get most of it in. Some missed and went on the floor, a bag of oranges flew straight into a woman's buggy just missing her grumpy looking baby. Grandad told me "No" but then giggled which leaves me once again totally confused as to if it was naughty or funny. Best I try that again when with mummy and daddy just to be sure. Eventually after enough time to render our purchased goods out of date, we got back home. Millie danced around like a poncy poodle as she was excited to see us and then grandad put the stuff away.
After a spot of lunch, we went for another walk with Millie and although it was a tad nippy, I didn't feel much like wearing my Davey Crockett hat for long so I kept throwing it on the floor. We saw lots of birds and grandad said they were kites but I could see they were real as there were no strings under then. I'll never be clever if he keeps telling me fibs like that. Later I helped grandad make some dinner for me, mummy and daddy. Nanna was having hers later when she got back from swimming.
That's it, back to normal and looking forward to next week already.
Catch you later
Dogg
No comments:
Post a Comment