Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Today I am back in full time employment at grandad's and after enjoying some cooking practice, I am finally a qualified chookyegg cookerer. Grandad was brave enough to let me do breakfast for me and Millie but not brave enough to have some himself.

He gave me a blue chookyegg and even let me break it in the jug. That bit was easy!! Then he asked me to mix it up with the fork. I'm now really good at this and can even do it like the man on the telly by tilting the jug for the camera to see what I was 'eggspurtly' doing (lol, did you see my little joke?!). We added a little molk and some stuff that looked like cheese but grandad said it was butter (think he means 'better'). More mixing and then grandad put the jug in the little noisy oven on the side, he pressed a button and when it went BING, it was done. We put some on my plate and some in Millie's bowl, he then gave me my poon and that was it. You can call me Dogg Ramsay, actually I've just had a billion-dollar thought - Dogg's Dinner!! There you go, my new business venture.

This time next year I'm going to be a billionaire like DelBoy.

So, breakfast done, plates washed up and put away and after the long hours in the kitchen, a wee nap was in order so off I popped for a few winks. When I got up grandad gave me a paper Christmas tree and some crayons. I done some squiggles on it and they looked like the decorations we have on our tree at home - grandad hasn't got a tree so I may have to colour another one next week and put it by the telly for him. He then gave me the sticky glue thing and I put it on the tree, the table, the chairs, my face, grandad's face, Mille's face. Then he gave me a little pot with little silver hundreds and thousands in it and he said it was called litter. He told me to get a little pinch and sprinkle then on the glue so I got a little handful and threw it at the glue. It went everywhere - on the tree, the table, the chairs, my face, grandad's face, Mille's face and that was it. One Christmas card made with my very own hands for mummy and daddy. I am soooooooo clever, I should be a professor.

For our daily walk, we went back into town and it was packed with people doing shopping for Christmas. There were people everywhere and some looked jolly but some looked grumpy. We went past the butchers in the smelly alley and he had lots of big chickens in the window. I've never seen chickens that big before. Grandad usually finds me some for dinner in a little bag. The best shop was a big chocolate shop which mummy would like, mummy would like a lot. Father Christmas had already been to this shop because there were lots of presents in the window although maybe these were presents he had to pick up to deliver. Lots of people were smiling at me and grandad - grandad mostly and more of a laugh than a smile, they seemed really happy to see him. When we started back to the car, Millie decided it was time to drop her Yuletide log in smelly alley which is the reason they call it what they do.

After dinner I did some more drawing in my drawing book - tractors and bikes where the favourite today. Then I tried some bungee jumping without the bungee. I was standing on the two chairs at the table like I always do and then I jumped between the two - and missed. I fell what seemed like 200ft to the floor. Grandad rubbed my head better then I got back up and fell off again!! Sod that for a game of soldiers, not doing that again for a while.

In the evening I donned my Chef's hat again and helped grandad with the tea for nanna, mummy and daddy. Not the big chicken in the shops but the little bag one. I don't think he trusted me with the tea because he wouldn't let me touch the chicken but I sprinkled some more stuff on it and tied it in a bag to stop it running away. Grandad washed his hands and saw himself in the window. It was then he realised why the people in town were smiling at him so much - he still had the Christmas card litter on his face!!!

Another week done, cookery lessons complete and bookings now being taken for the festive period.

Until next week, hasta la vista
Dogg's Dinner Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment