Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Mummy took me to town on Saturday to get me some new shoes and by all accounts, I was a little monkey.

As mummy walked me in town in my buggy, we met nanna and grandad coming towards us but this was only because they couldn't hide in time. They caught me mid-wobbler as I was trying to do a restrained-semi-pirouette in my buggy whilst practising for the evening episode of Splash!!! Grandad came over and talked to me to try and calm me down but failed miserably. Nanna had as much joy and then grandad took me out of me buggy and we walked off together. Listen to this - my grandad, who loves me quite a bit, told me I was naughty! All I wanted to do was take a little walk, I was getting new shoes and wanted the chance to wear my old ones out first.

In the shop, mummy and nanna took me to the shoe lady and then in walked nanny Jan and another lady. Grandad sat outside in the pouring rain with Millie as they sheltered from the icy rain drops that bounced off grandad's napper. I know he was quietly proud of me for using up a mummy, two nans, the other lady and half a dozen shoe shop assistants not much older than me - quite an expensive pair of shoes, he would chuckle. Back outside and whilst waiting, grandad was walking Millie in the raining ice cubes which really wasn't the best thing for a bald man to do.

Yesterday I was back at grandad's after his summer break and we had the bestest time for ages. Every Monday is usually good but yesterday was even betterer. I was an angel - my words, not grandad's. We played for ages with the digger and the dustbin lorry then I cooked the fruit bits in my kitchen pans. We took Millie for another walk in the rain but we went too far for me to want to walk so I sat quietly and enjoyed it. When we got back, grandad had some telly programme on where the men threw little spears. I don't think they were very good because they didn't score many points and all they were doing was throwing from one side of the telly to the other - I know because I saw it, 2 feet from one side to the other and they still missed!! Rubbish.

Peppa Pig?!! Grandad said Peppa Pig is stupid but is then quite happy to watch Tom and Jerry or Scooby Poo. I don't mind Tom and Jerry because they make ice cream (although I don't like ice cream) but Scooby Poo I'm not so sure about.

I made dinner whilst grandad put his feet up and then I got tea ready as well with some chicken in a spicy bag. We cut some taytoes up and warmed them up for me and mummy. We went into the garage to pick some vegtables out of the freezer and whilst in there, grandad turned on the twirly dryer thing and it scared the crap out of me. I jumped so high, I could've winned a Lympik medal in a single bound. After our spot of lunch, grandad made me wash up!! This wasn't too bad because I washed the bits then put them back in the bowl for him to do again. It was good fun and we only got the floor a little bit wet.

I was sooooooo hungry that I had my dinner before mummy came home and it never touched the sides. Grandad had some funny looking stuff but we happily ate away and talked about our day. Now this is something that I'm beginning to get better at, the art of conversation. Me and grandad spend ages talking about all sorts of things but I'm not sure whether I'm getting better or he's getting worse, either way we understand each other quite well. LOL!!

When mummy came home, I helped her eat her dinner too much to grandad's surprise. Nanna came home and I showed them all what a super boy I am. I enjoyed Christmas time but its good to be back to normal so until next week, I bid you farewell.

Dogg

No comments:

Post a Comment