This morning and there is a knock on our front door and as its only the postie that knocks on our door on a Saturday morning, I ran to the door to see what he'd got for us. A magical clue awaited me as I made my way through our hallway, there was something human hanging out of the letterbox. There is only one person who even attempts to put anything human through our letterbox and I must add, I extremely surprised he's not been arrested over the years; my granddad!!!!
It was a nice surprise and I wasn't expecting it although mummy and daddy seemed to know he was coming. His trusty four-legged companion made a supersonic dash for the front room as her legs failed to even touch the hallway!!! Next thing I noticed was mummy and daddy had packed my Trunkie - I'm moving out by the look of things and if its granddad who is to educate me over the impressionable early period in my busy life, then I fear a life of debauchery and years on the run from the Rozzers!!!
We headed back via a trip to the bakehouse because I think this is the only way granddad knows!! You may recall that last week I ate an ambitious amount of the freebie cakes on the counter. Enough, it has to be said, to fed a small African country but it was there and I thought it would be rude not to accept my hosts hospitality so, with this in mind, I wore my sunnies as a disguise in anticipation of a repeat performance. Of course, being new to this plunder and pillaging, I hadn't banked on my aging accomplice going in dressed as he always is!!!! I need a new partner!! We simply made do with our bread rations and a sneaky gingerbread man and made a hasty retreat.
Nanna wasn't at home when we got there as she's learning to swim with a bunch of kids so me, the mutt and the old fella ran around the house like a bunch of hooligans at a footy match until I played the lightweight card and fell asleep. When I woke up, I watched lots out of the window and jumped about like a lunatic when nanna came home in her car. After some dinner, nanna's eyes got too heavy for her and she hibernated so the Three Musketeers made a bid for freedom and a wander around granddad's 'manor'. We went around his 'patch' then down and up Chapel Hill (where there is no chapel), past the little farmers who will lose their land soon so some inconsiderate builder can make a fortune on their vacated veggie patch (RBC you've got this soooooooo wrong but that's all I have to say about that), over to the Rec to watch local footy (but the team must've been away this week) and then back again in time to see nanna rise from a place granddad called Oblivion. I saw Uncle Ryan for a while but he'd been to the same place as nanna and in all honesty, he's a regular visitor there!
After some fish and stuff for dinner, I was allowed to run around to my hearts content for what seemed like ages and then it was bath time. I had now worked out that when I have bath time at granddad's, it means that he's keeping me for a while. Bath time is great fun, I'm allowed (I think) to get everything that is dry wet and everything that is wet wetter, nanna usually baths me now as granddad makes even more mess than I do. Millie has been known to look like a drowned rat (which I assume is very similar to a very wet small white dog) after he's bathed me. The paper has peeled off the walls at times and the fluffy floor on the landing is like a paddling pool.
Granddads big job this evening was the unenviable task of getting this pocket sized bundle of joy into a state of slumber in order for a peaceful evening. Not a task for the faint hearted I must admit but the old fella managed quite easily and apart from writing this under the covers with my Swashbuckle torch, I am as good as sound asleep. Granddad and nanna have a bonus in having me longer tonight because for some reason, everybody has to take their clocks back. Not sure where to but I assume the menders as they must be broken.
Extra special week from Monday to Wednesday next week so I'll report back on Thursday as explained last week.
Catch you later
Dogg
PS: mummy and daddy, don't worry about me tonight. I've got granddad under my little pinky and I'm sure he's going to behave himself. Have fun xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment