Tuesday (which should be Monday but stupid holiday banky thing)
Well, grandad's house was closed yesterday because of that holiday the banks have thing again, so mummy is making me do overtime this week and I'm off the grandad's Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I've got a couple of bumps from my hectic weekend but hey, who cares. Not this soldier. Millie didn't come to get me today because grandad came straight from the swimming pool. Its funny that he goes to the pool so often but I've never seen his hair wet.
We popped back and Millie was went daft as she was happy to see us. Nanny wasn't there even though its her school half-time or whatever its called as she was out learning to swim somewhere. After my mid-morning snooze, grandad in his infinite wisdom decided that it would be a good idea to go for a walk with Millie. It was torrential rain outside, ducks don't go out in that weather but grandad thought it was a good idea!!!! Grandad really is a muppet, he went out in his shorts because he doesn't have any real trousers. Half way around it really started to rain and grandad said it was "raining cats and dogs". I'm sure he does this to confuse me because I saw two cats in grandad's road another big dog on our walk and of course, Millie. Hardly enough to make us all soaky wet. Now I say 'all' but it wasn't quite 'all'. Millie looked like a drowned rat (whatever that is), even grandad's little bit of hair was soaked right through to the skin, which in all fairness, wasn't much of a challenge but me, I was nice and dry thanks to the rain cover on my buggy. A simple device that easily slots over my buggy and keeps me really dry, the simple device however, was quite a challenge for my even simpler grandfather - took him ages to fit, upside down, back to front, inside out, any which way you can and even can't!!! There was still a slight damp patch on my snuggy blanket because he forgot to tuck the corner in and the rain ran off the cover onto it. I may as well had taken it in the bath with me.
Now my simple grandad done some clever magic too. He pushed me with one hand, held Millie with the other and then needed another hand to carry the huge pooh she had just done. He looked at me when he picked it up but I looked at him back with my beady eyes saying "Don't even think about putting that on my buggy". He carried it (it must've weighed a ton") in a bag until we found a bin and grandad made the poohy disappear. Now call my old fashioned but how the heck am I meant to impress a future spouse if grandad is swinging a sack of cack around next to me, I think we need a talk!!
Back home we had our dinner (grandad talk for lunch) then we played "Dogg run around, grandad chase me" and "What happens if I push this button?". I managed to start the washing machine twice and there were no clothes in it, cool eh? Whilst I was having my tea (dinner), daddy came in to get me. It was a lovely surprise and I chuckled like a little kid mainly because I am a little kid. After we went home, I began to plan for day two of my overtime week - hey, am I getting paid double for this?? I'll be taking that up with grandad tomorrow.
Hasta manana (thats some Spanish I know which I think means Banana flavoured pasta)
No comments:
Post a Comment