Monday, 20 May 2013

Well, what a funny week I've had.

On the middle day last week, I had to go to the doctor lady for some form of target practice. Mummy took me for my jab and for some reason, Grandad had to have one as well because he was there too. I was happily enjoying watching the fishes through the window when my name came up in big lights, I felt like a film star. In we went and the lady told mummy that I needed to be undressed - the indignity of it all. Getting undressed in front of two ladies that I never knew. Grandad said that there will come a day when it won't be too bad.

Mummy gave me to grandad for reasons only known to herself, maybe she was getting ready for a jab herself. Grandad whipped my clothes off with such expertise that I hardly noticed then sat me on his lap. The doctor lady said something about this way, then that way and then this way again to grandad but it went straight over my head then all of a sudden - BISH! She'd got me before I was ready!! I made a little moany noise but I wasn't really scared then suddenly grandad turned me around and she got me again BASH in the other arm, then BOSH yet another one in the leg. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?? There were three jabs and three of us, why did I have to take the lot?? None for mummy and grandad, all for me BUT the bestest bit was I got dressed and then I had a bit of chocolate, grandad didn't have any because he was too scared to have his jab - RESULT!

Now on Saturday I had a sleepover at nanny and grandad's. It was quite a bit of fun, I had some dinner (grandad still calls it tea) then a play before I got ready for a bath. Nanny took my clothes off and a had a giggle with grandad before nanny bathed me and got me ready for bed. I went off to sleep quite good and stayed there until I felt the time was right to check if nanny and grandad were still awake - happens they weren't but they were now!! Grandad came in to sort me out and made the mistake of talking to me, so I decided this was a good time to have a good chat with him - and chat with grandad I did - nearly two hours on and off. I played a sort of hide-and-seek game with him, he put me in bed, I woke up again............ Brilliant fun but I fell asleep for real around 2am. In the morning, they took me back to mummy and daddy and normality was restored.

Monday, my grandad day was only half a grandad day. I think he got fed up with me on Saturday so wanted a part-time role today. As there wasn't a lot of time, we didn't do a great deal. We played with the bricks and I turned Millie's water bowl over. I can distract grandad for two seconds then I run off whilst he's not looking and tip her water over the floor then stand in it and point at it when he comes through "How did that happen?", I would say if I could. After my little snooze, we trotted off into Tesco for a walk along the Ox's Road, we were gone AGES and it was fun looking at the shops and the people with red faces. Nanny phoned to check that grandad hadn't left me somewhere and asked if we'd want to pop in to see the chickens at school. Grandad had to stay outside with Millie, he said he felt a little weird standing outside a school with a little dog but I went in with nanny and another lady. The baby chicks still looked fluffy although some were beginning to get some feathers which they use to tickle people with. Grandad told me that when they grow up, they're called hens. He said there are two types of; battery operated hens and three strange hens. I have no idea where the batteries go in those ones and what are three strange hens?? He said they wander around as they please so I've come to the conclusion that I'm a three strange hen too.

When we got back, even older nanny was at grandad's house and she popped in and popped out again after saying hello. Mummy came soon after and took me to the swings and slide and once again, not for the first time this week - normal services were restored at the Dogg residence. 

Next week grandad says our plan is to go and find Henry. Yeah, I don't know either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment