Monday, June 3rd
What a gorgeous day it's been today. Sunnyshine all day and great to play outside in.
Today, I've been a postieman. Me and grandad had to take some books to some people he knew. He said he's had these books for ages and now he had come across them, it was time to deliver them. One man warned us that the dog would chew up the book if put through the letter box as he eats all the letters (the dog not the man). When we got there I noticed the posty box was one of those metal ones on the outside of the house. As grandad walked up to the house, it occurred to me that if this dog eats the letters and the letters are in a metal box, OUTSIDE the house, then he must be some dog!!!! I tried to call to grandad when I heard the dog barking and growling but I couldn't because I was laughing too much. Millie started to shake and jumped down onto the floor of the car. We took another book to a house around the corner and then onto another one a little further out. A man was outside on the phone and grandad waved at him and they started to chat. Then the man's lady came out and then a little version of the lady came out too. They all had a chat, grandad got me out to say hello (which, of course, I couldn't as I'm still learning English and Polish so I can go into town). The man then let Millie out of the car and said "He won't run off will he?". First of all, "he" is a she and second, its a bit late to ask if she'd run off once the trap had been opened - like jumping out of an aeroplane, pointing at the parachute on the seat and saying "Did I need that?". Anyway, they were very nice people and I had a cuddle with them.
Then we went to the river to park the car - not in the river but in the Par Cark. There were some big boats there, I guess they were from all over the world because they had lots of lovely colours on them. Millie tried to pull grandad in the water and he got grumpy so I drove on ahead of him. Actually, I'm always ahead of him. Grandad done some Slip, Slap, Slop on me with more sunshine cream than was really necessary (I looked whiter than Millie and fell through grandad's arms when he picked me up) then we walked into the towny bit, Millie stopped grandad halfway across the road which was a bit silly and dangerous. I shall be talking to her about that later but grandad gave her a gentle tug and she poohed on the road!!! Now, if any of the men and ladies who sit down at the council offices are reading this, grandad would've picked up the lonesome jobby on the road but was in danger of getting us all run over so we left it as an obstacle to others and an extremely well placed speed bump. Grandad looked in front trying not to bring attention to us all, Millie was trying to wipe her bum on the path and I kept looking back and pointing to the slippery substance. It was quite funny.
On that note, we took Millie to the park to let her finish what she'd started (just like Mastermind) and she just wandered around in circles, looking up at us then walking around again before finally doing a wee and not her poohy. Grandad made a fed-up sound. When we walked back past the shops, Millie decided that she needed to finish the pooh she'd started so ripped out a beauty right outside the chemist!!! Grandad made another fed-up sound, went red as a beetroot then told Millie (purely for the benefit of humans as Millie couldn't care less) that we'd just been to do this in the park, then he picked up the offending article with one of his ever present cack sacks. He's like a magic man and keeps pulling those bags out of his pocket like a magic man would with rabbits.
Now on Sunday, grandad worked a 16-hour day and then went out again for a little while just after 4am this morning. As he was a little tired so I did my best to keep him awake otherwise he wouldn't sleep at night. I only needed 20 minutes in the morning even though I was a little monkey at Chez Dogg the night before. I made sure we played and played and played. I now have an idea of what a narna is although nanny calls it a b'narna.
Grandad made me go outside, I'm not a lover of that green stuff in the garden and preferred to pick up the broom and wave it around my head, this didn't please grandad as he said I can't go home with bruises and cuts but I tried to show him that I can. He's made a little box of dirt to grow some vegetables in so I tried to stand in that to see if it worked for peoples too. Millie chased some little fluffy things that landed in the garden, she runs at 100mph and never bumps into anything.
For tea (dinner), I had some of my favourite Shepherd's Pie and was pleased that nanny fed me this time as grandad is too slow. Grandad ate the rest of my pie!!!!
That's it for another week at grandad's. Next week he said he will take me to see Henry as we never made it this week as we never got an invite. Not sure what we didn't make but I'm looking forward to seeing Henry, whoever the hell he is.
Dogg
El tres amigos
No comments:
Post a Comment