Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Monday July 1st

Both me and grandad were slightly miffed yesterday morning. I was just about to enjoy a bit of shutty eye as I gently slid into a quiet state of slumberness when B-A-N-G went the front door knocker. Grandad nearly filled his nappy let alone me and mine, it was enough to wake the dead people. Grandad went to answer the door and I must say, he was very good at not losing his temper because there in front of us were two people no taller than me, both showing off a smile that could only advertise a very successful recent visit to the dentist.

"Good morning sir" said the cheesy smile man. "It was" replied my grandad. "I'm here to ask you about your views on religion.........." asked the man. Towards the end of the man's sentence, I noticed a change in the tone of it, Grandads expression was clearly enough on its own to indicate to the man that he need go no further. I can't remember what he said to the man but it was polite and not his worky talk but the tiny disciples left with little hesitation. Grandad said he thinks they were called Normans and they were friends of Jesus.

As I was fully wakied up by now, grandad phoned older nanny and said that we'd go for a walk and then pop into see her. So off we set on a gentle stroll through the heaving metropolis of Theale. This is where grandad growed up, no sorry - this is where grandad was little and went to school (nanny said grandad still hasn't growed up yet). We had a walk through the church and looked at some dead peoples beds - I'm really glad the knocky door man didn't wake these up earlier!!!! Grandad said he and nanny got married in the church almost 100 years ago.

We then went to the playground and had a little play on the swings, slide and the whirly thing. Millie wasn't allowed into the playground and I could see that she wanted to really. After that we walked past the little school where grandad went, he said it was just the same as it used to be. As we walked along the road, a policeman drove past and looked at us so I slowed down a little in case he booked me for speedy driving. After a walk down past the shops - these shops are pants, no Next for mummy or nanny, no puter shops for daddy and Uncle Ryan, nothing but foody shops and newspaper shops, oh and one that does picture frames which seemed rather pointless to me - we then made our way to see older nanny. Millie ran down the path and barked at the door, I ran after her but didn't bark at the door. We saw older nanny for a while and I had grandad running around like a lunatic much to the musement of older nanny. 

We popped in the Post man's office on the way back home but it wasn't what I expected. We waited in a long queue because it was apparent that the old lady at the front doesn't get out often. She talked to the lady in the glass cage about her shopping, her family, her dog, her budgie, etc and it took ages. When we got to the lady at the counter, I could see why she was locked in her glass cage - she looked quite dangerous and I assume the policeman put her in the cage to keep us safe whilst she served her customers. Another lady came into the cage, she was smaller but looked just as scary.

When we got back it was my favourite time, dinner time (lunch time) and I tucked into my sarnies like a toddler possessed - hmmmmmmmmm - then I had some fungus things that were magic but I didn't like my grapes although it was fun spitting them out on the floor. It seems Millie doesn't like grapes either. We then went and played in the garden, Millie chased grandad, grandad chased me, I chased Millie. I walked up the path and rattled the gate but I couldn't escape. I need to dig a tunnel next time and I watched The Great Escape to get some ideas. Grandad took me indoors so I cried, I cried a lot. Grandad took me outside again. Grandad made some potatoes for me and him for tea (dinner) tonight but he'll be in trouble with nanny because he ate most of them whilst they were colding down. He had to make some more and then realised there may not be enough for nanny and Uncle Ryan. Uncle Ryan was at home and grandad was annoyed with him because he got red from the sun yesterday. Grandad doesn't like sunshine redness, he wasn't a happy bunny rabbit. Me and grandad watched the ping-pong on the telly again where the English girl kept up the great British tradition of not getting to the next round, then I got a little tired so grandad told me it was siesta time. 

When I got up, me and grandad went outside again and he pulled up some weeds whilst I sweeped them up. The brush was a bit big but it meant I could reach the fence without really moving. I played in the garden with Millie and grandad until nanny came home, I ran up the path to meet her which pleased us both.

Nanny gave me my tea (dinner) and I got on with it myself; potatoes, fish and veg with baby trees. I walked up the road with nanny when grandad went to work and we popped over to see Robbo and Amelia. I don't know what happened next because grandad had gone to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment