An extra day in the presence of my trusty grandparent was needed today as he put on his Flying Doctor hat to look after me as I was feeling a bit crook. The fact that grandad wasn't flying or is indeed a doctor is neither here nor there but his warm cuddles and jolly characteristics were in demand. I'm sure it is partly due to our skiing exploits on Monday that my well being has taken a knock and I'm sure it's just a mild case of altitude sickness from the high slopes in Socky.
Daddy took me around to grandad's and then left for work and that's when my crookiness started. A low level whimper got grandad's attention and a few mild words of concern, however I felt the need of something more urgent from the old codger. I raised the stakes a tad higher and was rewarded with a picky up type cuddle, a peck on the cheek from his whiskered chops and even a lick on the nose from the concerned canine, who was obviously feeling left out in the cuddle department.
We played a bit and watched a bit of Ben and Holly, which grandad gets even less than Peppa!! There's a ladybird called Gaston in it but it talks like Millie and piddles like a boy dog. Grandad gets a bit confused, well a bit more than normal. After a little while, I slept. Actually I hibernated for ages but downstairs on the long chair, not in bed as I kept waking up.
In the Spring when I reappeared, I could've eaten an orse but grandad didn't have any in the fridge (he said Frenchies do though), so he made me a sarnie. I was like a new person, altitude sickness seemed to have eased and once again I could pop without the obligatory follow through and all seemed hunky dory again.
Mummy escaped from work early, grandad threw me at her and escaped twice as quickly and all was back to normal (ish).
Just a mini-blog for this unscheduled appointment
Laters
DOGG
No comments:
Post a Comment