Thursday, 20 February 2014

The death of mummy's phone the previous evening after very non-productive swimming lesson meant we had a evening of mourning with the moist phone being laid to rest in a bag of rice. Not sure why but I assume its part of some bizarre phone burial ritual that has been passed down from iPhone to iPhone over the centuries.

This morning however, 'Praise The Lord' a Phoenix has risen from the ashes and mummy's electronic companion breathed life again after she tried once more to switch it on. After the half eaten apple sign disappeared, a series of bleeps indicated the phone was once again online (as they say these days).

"Eureka!!!" Mummy shouted as she danced across the floor waving her phone at me.

"It's working again" she said. She was so happy and she told grandad of her joy and why her very expensive phone cover had saved the day!

Now what I want to know is this - it seems that this is a well known fact: rice dries things like sunken phones when the they are left in a bag of rice for a while. Brilliant I think but why don't they make nappies out of rice? I'd be dry all day and I could change my nappy once a week like grandad does. After that, we could boil it and have it with our dinner as normal - two jobs in one I'm thinking. The extra taste wouldn't really be noticed so go for it. I'm on the phone to Tesco later to start the ball rolling with 'Wee Man's Wee Rice'.

Today we visited a shop with animals in it. Nanna and grandad took me just outside town then rudely woke me from my pleasant slumber when we got to the shop. I had my wellies on so I could play in the puddles (not with grandad's phone though!). We saw some pretty birds in a cage then went to see an Howl that was normous. It's the biggest bird I've ever seen apart from the one on X Factor a while back. It could turn his head right around without moving his body. I think nanna can do this when she sees me doing something I shouldn't be doing when she says "I can see you" and she's not even in the same room!!

We then saw some snakes, one kept poking his tongue out at me so I poked mine back at him (or her - how do you tell?). A big lizard looked at Millie, Millie looked at the big lizard then the big lizard stood up and walked around so Millie stood up and walked behind grandad. We saw some little fishes with lights in them and some real ugly ones too. Then nanna took me upstairs and there were some parrots and grandad said something like one had a cock or two which I thought was very clever but equally pointless. There were some puppies in there and they were lovely, a little brown one wanted to come home with me but Millie said no. I have my Millie so can't take in anymore.

After a little snooze and a little sarnie, I was once again on cooking duties as our plan today was to make some little cakes with chocolate bits in them. We stirred in some butter and sugar then added a couple of eggs. We added some flowers which was both fun and messy - like really messy!! Then I had to put some chocolate pieces in so I evenly counted them out 'One for the cakes, four for Dogg' until they were all gone - which wasn't actually that long. After a really hard stir, I put the soggy stuff in those little paper bowls we done the Rice Krispie cakes in and nanna put them in the hot oven. After several hours they were cooked and nanna gave me one. I must admit they tasted better with the paper off, so I put the rest in a tin for mummy and daddy. I saved one for grandad but nanna said he didn't want it which I thought was a nice gesture of hers to answer for him because I think he has trouble saying no to cakes.

Just before three, grandad got ready for work then took me back in the big car. I felt like a princess as I waved to the people on the way back.

That's it for this week at grandad's. I'm off to nanny Jan's tomorrow then back here on Monday when grandad will be short-staffed again.

Catch you all laters, mashed taters!!!
DOGG

No comments:

Post a Comment