Well, WHAT a day we had today. I competed in the Snowy Lympics.
Our walk in town was fun in the morning as I walked with granddad rather than drove the buggy. On the way in, grandad drove around the back roads so I could see the big cranes that at working by the railway line. They are really big and I love them.
In town, I had to hold on to grandads hand in case he ran away or into the road as he's so unpredictable at his age. At one point, an old man called out to me "Hello fella, is that your doggy?" and I answered with a great big yes and a jolly good smile. The man laughed and said I had a lovely smile as he chuckled whilst he waddled across the road, narrowly avoiding a big lorry as he did. I'm not sure if he'd been drinking out of those brown paper bags or puffing on one of those funny smokey sticks but he seemed happy nonetheless.
All was going really well until we got around by the road you can't drive down, we walked past Ellie's shop but no Ellie to smile and wave to, we went past Ryan's bank and then onto the Broady Street road. As we walked near the alley that smells we came across a huge lamp post type of thing and for reasons that I have no idea about, I let go of grandads hand (its ok nanna, I made sure he was safe first) and simply hugged the lamp post!! It was wider than grandad (honestly it was, I know that sounds like a makey up bit but it really was) but I just cuddled it. Not for the first time today, an old man laughed at me and said he never seen that before. Grandad laughed, scratched his head and prised me from my new found friend and off we went. I had some very sleepy eyes and at one stage, I closed them whilst walking and I nearly fell over - grandad said it was time we made our way home!! Once in the car, I was asleep before we'd even left the car park.
After my sleep and after dinner, we watched a bit of Peppa Pig and she was on a skiing trip. We then watched some snowy games on the telly from a place called Socky or something which is in a very white place. This gave us an idea. Grandad was going to teach me to ski and we would compete in our very own Winter Lympics!!! He showed me the men on the telly and then showed me how to ski in his socks over the floor. Millie thought it was fun to and she tried to bite grandad's toes. It looked great fun so I tried. Forwards, backwards and in minutes I was going sideways too. I did fall down a few times but our heavy training schedule meant we would be ready to compete by tea-time.
First event was the slalom and I have to say that grandad was marginally better than me but I realised this was because he doesn't have those little patches on the bottom of his socks like I have - the little ones for extra grip. I know he is a more professional front room floor skier than me but I was still learning. He can run through the front room and slide right through the kitchen (unless Millie had caught his foot!). He had to go careful in case he bashed his noggin on the patio door though.
Our second event was more equal - it was the ice-floor-skating and my artistic impression scores were much better because I could pirouette and glide much more daintily than the blundering walrus I was up against.
When mummy and nanna came home, grandad said we should show them our new skills and we were done a well rehearsed Mens Doubles Synchro routine that was like watching one person in a mirror (albeit a small mirror reflection for my part). We were the best doubles team to grace the ice-floor that whole day, although not so much Torvill and Deane as more Orville The Duck!
We were both more than happy to compete once more, so grandad went first and our 'judges' scored him "4.5, 4.3". As I took to the ice-floor, I knew I had to be really on my game to beat him but once again, my near faultless display of ice-floor-skating was a joy to behold and both mummy and nanna laughed with delight as they scored me "5.8, 5.8" for another medal winning performance. After grandad had gone to work, I showed mummy and nanna my speed ice-floor-skating as I went round and round in circles like an Ice Skating Teddy Bear, swinging my arms like a demented monkey as I went.
That was it, my first and most definitely not my last attempt at skating and skiing. It was the bestest sports days so far.
Hasta la vista on la piste LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dogg
No comments:
Post a Comment